Request to merge the newssl branch

Andreas Hartmetz ahartmetz at gmail.com
Sun Dec 30 04:10:38 GMT 2007

Am Freitag 28 Dezember 2007 04:39:48 schrieb Thiago Macieira:
> Andreas Hartmetz wrote:
> >Small print: proxying actually doesn't work at all ATM and support for
> > proxy (authentication) types not supported by QTcpSocket may become
> > *really* interesting.
>
> Proxying hadn't worked in KDE 4 at all, except for kio_http. Now we're at
> least homogeneous :-)
>
> I'm kinda sorry for Aurélien who worked on improving the proxy
> configuration UI...

Me too. I still hope that it can largely be reused. IMO it would be a good
thing to present it in Konqueror and System Settings (or whatever the name is
these days :) ). Konqueror because that is similar to Windows and it used to
be that way, System Settings because it makes sense if/when proxy support is
universal.