Shipping a cursor theme with KDE

Riccardo Iaconelli riccardo at kde.org
Sat Dec 29 16:57:22 GMT 2007

On Saturday 29 December 2007 13:51:47 Sebastian Kuegler wrote:
> On Saturday 29 December 2007 13:38:52 Rafael Fernández López wrote:
> > BTW, I have just noticed that the cursor "working on foreground" is
> > "reset" in a strange way. It is very noticeable the small jump shapes
> > get when going back to the beginning. That won't happen with the
> > "working on background" cursor when testing it with the kcm.
>
> Same behaviour here. It happens for example in systemsettings when opening
> the Appearance dialogues.

"Working on background" = "Working on foreground" = watch (the two spinning
balls without the pointer), right?

On system settings it's not my fault. It happens with any cursor theme, it's
systemsettings that behaves like that. On any other application that doesn't
happen. Probably it does set multiple times the busy (watch) cursor, which
forces a reload of the cursor and obviously resets of the animation.

In KCM (like in any other application) this doesn't happen because the cursor
is not set and reset several times, but (as it should be) it is just once.

If you're talking of something else, there's a very small glitch in the
lightning of the balls, which I'm correcting right now, but in any case it's
almost unnoticeable (at least on white), and does not affect the animation.

Bye,
-Riccardo
--
GPG key: