Shipping a cursor theme with KDE

Rafael Fernández López ereslibre at kde.org
Sat Dec 29 12:34:47 GMT 2007

Hi Riccardo and all,

> Nope, sorry, here works. The name is correct according to the docs, I've
> checked in other popular themes, and they have the same name too. Can you
> please check if with DMZ it loads? If with it works, can you send me a
> tarball with your DMZ, plus the name of your distro? Does the clock work in
> other parts of the desktop, or gets picked up correctly by apps? Have you
> tried to log in and out?

I have to say that I have installed Kubuntu on my laptop (gutsy), and
that I installed your proposed cursors. Happens for me too this
strange thing.

On systemsettings (on the keyboard&mouse kcm), if I move the cursor to
the "testing cells", it is drawn correctly, but my guess is that X
uses actually another name of shape for determining the "working in
background shape", because is the one that is falling back on my system.

So, probably the cursors that actually work OK is because they copied
the same cursors with different names, because they already knew this
behavior, or maybe I'm wrong, is just my guessing.

Bye and thanks,
Rafael Fernández López.