Shipping a cursor theme with KDE

Riccardo Iaconelli riccardo-RoXCvvDuEio at public.gmane.org
Thu Dec 27 13:24:16 GMT 2007

On Thursday 27 December 2007 10:14:46 Tom Albers wrote:
> Op woensdag 26 december 2007 13:18 schreef u:
> > Kevin Ottens wrote:
> > >
> > > I'm all for it in 4.1, once it's finished... but targetting 4.0 just
> > > looks irresponsible for me.
> >
> > +1, definitely post 4.0 territory.
>
> +1. Also wrote something like that on kcd before reading this thread.

Ok, because the major complaint was that the theme was unfinished I sit down
yesterday and finished it (I said it was a work of a couple of hours).

The theme now includes all the cursors that Qt can pick up via enum value [¹],
all the cursors listed in the KDE HIG wiki[²], is compliant with the spec by
freedesktop[³] and contains also some other "bonus" cursors (like
colorpicker, pirate or pencil) which are only in a couple of the biggest
themes ever (DMZ, wonderland). Right now we're the theme is more
comprehensive than DMZ, which is one of the most used themes, default on
distros like *buntu or OpenSUSE.

The cursors are all done, some cursors might need some other names, symlinks
to be created (with very strange names, some probably are even SHA1 of
something :P), which I'll do later today.

Attached the white set. (Resending because attachment was too big. Download it
here: http://files.ruphy.org/oxygen-cursors-white.tar )

Now that it's done, can this please be considered? Remember that it's only
artwork and that it can't harm....

¹ http://doc.trolltech.com/4.3/qcursor.html
² http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Specifications/cursor-spec
³