kdebug vs. non-debug builds

Jaison Lee lee.jaison at gmail.com
Sun Dec 23 14:56:24 GMT 2007

On Dec 23, 2007 9:49 AM, Oswald Buddenhagen <ossi at kde.org> wrote:
> [don't cut attributions]

> > > uhm, no, not really. notice that the kDebug is in the else branch of
> > > an always true condition, i.e., it will be completely eliminated by
> > > the compiler after the syntax check. just removing the if works as
> > > such, but generates quite some code just for the purpose of sending
> > > messages down the drain ...
> >
> > I'm forced to wonder if you actually looked at the patch before
> > sending this.
> >
> nooo, of course not! i always dismiss stuff without even looking at it.
>
> > If you did, then I have no idea what you are talking about.
> >
> what exactly does "if (1); else ..." look like to you?

A line that I am removing completely from svn.  :)  So I fail to see
how it is relavant.

The actual Release mode kDebug now is on line 122. And it definitely
works, because before I had a non-compiling release mode and now I
have a Release mode that compiles and creates executables that do not
have the debug strings in the binary.

If there is a better patch, feel free to commit it, but I'm going to
go use my super-fast KDE4 now.