KPropertiesDialog needs a fix

Rafael Fernández López ereslibre at kde.org
Sat Dec 22 04:23:30 GMT 2007

Hi all,

Tonight I've been trying to fix KPropertiesDialog. Reminding:

http://media.ereslibre.es/2007/10/propertiesdialog.png

This is just unacceptable. This will be a very used dialog and it just looks
inconsistent, broken. My attempt to fix it has been:

http://media.ereslibre.es/2007/12/propsdialog1.png
http://media.ereslibre.es/2007/12/propsdialog2.png

As you can see, the top right is not painted correctly, and I would like to
know if someone could give a hand here. I would be pleased to see this fixed.

Attached the patch I've been working on.

Now, there are some problems. For example, when running "kcmshell4 style", you
get:

http://media.ereslibre.es/2007/12/styledialog1.png

What looks actually strange to me. Look at the border coming from the title
that shouldn't be drawn. I wonder why from the title we are creating a tabbar
just for one widget (the one being shown).

So now, there are some possibilities:

- Some really good and incredible person (:P) could take a look at my patch
and how to make the rest of the widget be drawn correctly.

- We could consider using QTabWidget instead of QTabBar for the
KPropertiesDialog (that is created after all the stuff on
kdelibs/kdeui/paged/kpageview_p.cpp).

- We could fix the modules in where we add a widget that should be used for
tabbing and there is only one widget being added.

So, that's all for now folks,
Rafael Fernández López

GPG Fingerprint: B9F4 4730 43F8 FFDD CC5E BA8E 724E 406E 3F01 D070