supplement to fixuifiles

Jason Harris kstars at 30doradus.org
Fri Dec 21 17:18:22 GMT 2007

On Friday 21 December 2007 10:06:51 am Allen Winter wrote:
> On Wednesday 12 December 2007 12:38:37 Jason Harris wrote:
> > I have attached my script to this message.  Is it possible to insert
> > something like this script into the pipeline that extracts strings from
> > the UI files for translation?  That way, the correction would happen
> > automatically and invisibly.  Or maybe the script could supplement or
> > supersede the existing fixuifiles script in kdesdk/scripts.
>
> Jason,
>
> I ran your script in kdepim/korganizer and some of the changes broke
> richtext labels in the print dialogs that I had set to a bold font.
>
> The labels didn't show up at all after running your script and rebuilding.

Sorry about that, and thanks for testing it.  If people are interested in a
tool like this, I can make the script more robust by examining the ui files
that it fails on.  Which ones are they?

If anyone else has tested the script, I'd be interested in hearing about the
results (especially failures).

Does anyone know if Designer in Qt 4.4 is going to produce less obfuscated
rich-text encoding?  It would be great if we didn't need this script at
all...

thanks,
Jason

--