libkparts.so.4: cannot open shared object file

David Faure faure at kde.org
Tue Dec 18 14:43:36 GMT 2007

On Tuesday 18 December 2007, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> Remove all your lib/* files in kdelibs and make sure CMake runs again. All
> libraries need to have RPATH in order for the new system to work.

Yep. But then I really don't understand this comment and code from KDE4Macros.cmake... Alex?

# If RPATH is not explicitly disabled, libraries and plugins are built without RPATH, in
# the hope that the RPATH which is compiled into the executable is good enough.
macro (KDE4_HANDLE_RPATH_FOR_LIBRARY _target_NAME)
   if (NOT CMAKE_SKIP_RPATH AND NOT KDE4_USE_ALWAYS_FULL_RPATH)
       set_target_properties(${_target_NAME} PROPERTIES INSTALL_RPATH_USE_LINK_PATH FALSE SKIP_BUILD_RPATH TRUE BUILD_WITH_INSTALL_RPATH TRUE INSTALL
_RPATH "")
   endif (NOT CMAKE_SKIP_RPATH AND NOT KDE4_USE_ALWAYS_FULL_RPATH)
endmacro (KDE4_HANDLE_RPATH_FOR_LIBRARY)

So this macro does nothing when KDE4_USE_ALWAYS_FULL_RPATH is ON, which is the default now, right?
So how do shared libs get an RPATH like Thiago noticed?