Closing all bugs?

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at suse.cz
Tue Dec 11 10:26:34 GMT 2007

On Tuesday 11 of December 2007, Thomas Zander wrote:
> On Tuesday 11 December 2007 01:15:48 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > this allows us to 'start from scratch' on kde4 without losing any kde3
> > data, as they have varying levels of value for varying people.
>
> so, kde4 apps loose all open bugs + wishes for it filed against kde3 ?
>
> App maintainers that actually use bugzilla will most probably get upset
> over this..
>
> Hmm, here is a better idea; what about not accepting bugreports for
> components that are not maintained?
> No maintainer means the bugs are never closed; and thats how we got to
> where we are now.

 KHTML has 1000+ bugreports, with wishes it's about 1500. Konqueror as a whole
has 2500+ bugreports, 4500 with wishes. A significant portion of where we are
now. Does that mean they are unmaintained and we should not be accepting
bugreports for them, and if yes, why there are 44 reports closed this week?

 Besides, if something is unmaintained, then we either still need it, despite
this, and then the bugreports still matter, or it will be dropped, and then
the bugreports can be dropped as well.

 As for reports for unmaintained things, some time back I talked to David
about creating a special alias/ml.list for these, and kde/general and
unmaintained bugs.kde.org components would have it as the default asignee.
I'm not sure what the status of that is though.

--
Lubos Lunak
KDE developer
SUSE LINUX, s.r.o.   e-mail: l.lunak at suse.cz , l.lunak at kde.org
Lihovarska 1060/12   tel: +420 284 028 972
190 00 Prague 9      fax: +420 284 028 951
Czech Republic       http//www.suse.cz