Closing all bugs?

David Jarvie djarvie at kde.org
Tue Dec 11 00:44:41 GMT 2007

On Mon, December 10, 2007 22:15, Bram Schoenmakers wrote:
> As you may have read on my blog post [1] I suggest (after Tom's
attempts) to
> close all bugs, not wishes, in KDE Bugzilla with KDE4 approaching. This is
> because of all the old cruft (KDE3 based bug reports), which is unlikely to
> be cleaned up if we don't do it now.
>
> Besides our users I'd like to hear what our (core) developers think of this
> idea and how we should do this. That's why I ask here at k-c-d.
>
> Would this be a good idea to do?

As far as KAlarm is concerned, most of the bugs and wishes outstanding for
KDE 3 probably still exist in KDE 4, so it wouldn't make sense to close
them automatically. Also, KDE 3 will still be very much used until at
least KDE 4.1 comes out, so until at least then it would be a bit of a
slap in the face for most users if KDE 3 bugs which they know still exist
were closed en masse.

--
David Jarvie.
KAlarm author & maintainer.