Closing all bugs?

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Tue Dec 11 00:15:48 GMT 2007

On Monday 10 December 2007, Bram Schoenmakers wrote:
> As you may have read on my blog post [1] I suggest (after Tom's attempts)
> to close all bugs, not wishes, in KDE Bugzilla with KDE4 approaching. This
> is because of all the old cruft (KDE3 based bug reports), which is unlikely
> to be cleaned up if we don't do it now.

i honestly had hoped we'd have started the new bugzilla fresh and clean. well,
that's assuming we're on the new bugzilla now? are we? heh.. i haven't kept
up with that, so maybe we aren't.

in any case, i think it would be great, if it is plausible to have two
bugzillas co-installed, to have the old bugzilla as a repository for all the
kde3 bugs and use the new bugzilla3 tracker for kde4 bugs.

this allows us to 'start from scratch' on kde4 without losing any kde3 data,
as they have varying levels of value for varying people.

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se