Plans for khotkeys?

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Fri Dec 7 01:33:28 GMT 2007

On 06.12.07 11:40:54, Lubos Lunak wrote:
> On Thursday 06 of December 2007, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > Ok, so far it seems the most important problems left are:
> >
> > a) dbus interface
> > b) storing of groups doesn't work.
> >
> > b) might be fixable relatively easily, but as I have no clue about dbus
> > a) will probably take until christmas to fix.
> >
> > But I've got two questions:
> >
> > a) backwards compatibility with kde3 khotkeysrc - needed? (if not I
> > could drop those ugly group names and use nested groups)
>
>  Yes, needed.

Thought so, but asking doesn't hurt :)

> > b) is the v1-config compatibility-stuff still needed? Or can that be
> > removed?
>
>  It's very old, so it shouldn't be necessary.

Ok, though I'm not yet sure I want to do that much work...

Anyway, I think I'm nearly at getting the whole thing to work again (at
least manually), but now I'm hitting a strange bug. I start the kdeinit
module manually with kdeinit4_wrapper khotkeys, because it seems thats
the only way to start it. However I see this output:

Object::connect: No such slot KActionCollection::slotActionTriggered()
Object::connect:  (sender name:   'Launch (1)')

And I have absolutely no idea how that might happen. KAC does have that
slot and the code that does the connect is inside KAC::addAction...

Any ideas?

Andreas

--
Expect a letter from a friend who will ask a favor of you.