XF86WWW produces strange shortcut sequence

Andreas Hartmetz ahartmetz at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 19:17:21 GMT 2007

Am Mittwoch 05 Dezember 2007 19:32:53 schrieb Andreas Pakulat:
> Hi,
>
> When trying to assign a shortcut and using my "WWW" button on the
> keyboard for it, the result in the shortcuts dialog is:
>
> Meta+Ctrl+Alt+Shift+<non-printable-char>
>
> And of course it doesn't work then. However other multimedia shortcuts,
> like the Email button or the "app1" button work fine (or all the
> play/pause stuff).
>
> Anybody seen something similar or know how to fix that/where to fix it?

There seem to be some regressions in Qt 4. The same problem exists/existed for
the multimedia pause button and I filed a bug in the task tracker. The
symptom was similar - lots of modifiers and some unicode garbage. I got an
initial reply from a support engineer saying that some developer will take
care of it and he also asked some questions of which I told the answers to
Thiago or Simon IIRC (i.e. there was no reply mail to the support engineer).

In any case, please list any keys that (still?) don't work and I will just
follow up on the last mail from Trolltech support. That's probably the
easiest way to get a quick response.