Colors - Performance impact of non-equal inactive and active palettes

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Mon Dec 3 17:48:32 GMT 2007

On Monday 03 December 2007, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> (maybe even 'just the selection' if that is possible). But that's Qt 4.4
> stuff.

well, probably 4.5 at this point unless it gets considered to be a bug fix
(feature freeze has come and gone iirc) .. but yes, since getting this right
is probably future qt work, maybe this should be future kde work as well.

as you note, kde3 is the same here so it's not a regression for kde. we can
and should catch up with others, but i think we have enough other cool stuff
that this is not a critical feature and it would be a crying shame to have
such an impact on our performance just to toggle one set of colours. it just
isn't worth it.

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se