Plastik Style Removal

Sandro Giessl sgiessl at gmail.com
Mon Dec 3 16:11:30 GMT 2007

On Monday 03 December 2007 13:44:01 Jos Poortvliet wrote:
> On 12/3/07, Sandro Giessl <sgiessl at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello k-c-d,
> >
> > The widget style Plastik won't be ready for the release, and I don't have
> > time to keep up with maintenance at the moment. Plastik lacks a few
> > important things like dockwidget/MDI buttons, vertical tabs, and general
> > polishing. I would therefore like to move it to playground. So if there
> > are no objections, I will do the move in two days from now.
>
> How is Plastique?

Plastique is fine, and I'm glad it's there so people might not even notice any
difference between Plastik in KDE3 and Qt4's Plastique.

> I mean, do we still need Plastik? I was under the
> impression Plastique, being a Plastik clone, could/would replace it...

Probably not from the users' POV.
Technical POV: Plastik4 served as one of the test cases of KStyle4. Being in
KDE's svn and being a subclass of KStyle, there might be possibilities for a
better KDE integration (KDE specific widget themeing, KDE icon set,...).