KColorScheme API change (addition) request

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Aug 31 23:39:34 BST 2007

I'd like to add the following static method to KColorScheme:

static void applyStateEffects (
     QList<QColor> &backgroundColors,
     QList<QColor> &foregroundColors,
     KSharedConfigPtr = KSharedConfigPtr()
)

This will be used by the KColorSchemePrivate ctor, the "preview" for
widget state effects in the color kcm, and (hopefully I will be able to
make it work :-)) eventually by katepart. It is also useful for anyone
that cares about applying proper state-dependent coloring to apps using
custom colors (e.g. katepart, possibly kdevelop, almost certainly others).

Otherwise I can add it to KColorSchemePrivate and copy the code for the
kcm, and consider making it public in KDE 4.1.

If there are no objections, I will plan to make this change Monday,
September 10.

--
Matthew
"I can hear you / just barely hear you / I can just barely hear you"