Patch: Colored debug

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Fri Aug 31 11:20:39 BST 2007

On Friday 31 August 2007 11:57:25 David Jarvie wrote:
> I like this as well. Using kdebugdialog to control verbosity and colours
> (and allowing colours to be selected - the default one may not necessarily
> work against some konsole background colours) is also a very good idea.

People, this is debugging info. Don't overengineer the feature!

If you don't like the colours, turn them off or modify the code. Use the same
colours that cmake, colorgcc or unsermake uses and you should be fine.

One more thing: users are not supposed to see the coloured output. Warnings,
errors and fatal errors should be plain text, uncoloured, in a release build.

    PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358