clarification on git, central repositories and commit access lists

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Thu Aug 30 14:30:05 BST 2007

On Thursday 30 August 2007 10:48, Josef Spillner wrote:
> On Thursday 30 August 2007 09:41:24 Thiago Macieira wrote:
> > It's a temporary list and only for those who are really interested in
> > making it happen. That is, people who have already voiced their opinions
> > on the buildsystem and are willing to get their hands dirty.

Thiago's message makes me want to reply to all website change requests in
provide 3 GPG-signed statements from KDE e.V. members confirming that you
want this. <continue> <cancel>"; the people on the receiving end of website
requests like "please add this mailing list" have *no* way of guessing the
intentions or the consensus reached elsewhere. It's an annoying way to work.

> Nevertheless I'd already requested a link to the mailman overview page for
> people who really want an overview on all mail.kde.org lists. No reaction
> so far.

O yeah, I remember that. Bear in mind that webmaster at kde.org is almost but not
quite the same thing as /dev/null -- there is no coordinated team behind it
handling change requests.

--
Adriaan de Groot
  KDE Quality Team   http://www.englishbreakfastnetwork.org/