Installed sounds

Jos Poortvliet jos at mijnkamer.nl
Mon Aug 27 15:31:58 BST 2007

On 8/27/07, pinheiro <nuno at oxygen-icons.org> wrote:

> A Monday 27 August 2007 15:00:53, Jos Poortvliet escreveu:
> > >
> > > sounds

> Does
> > >
> > > allow

> is

> new
> > >
> > > ones

> but
> > >
> > > Ok and i gess the same goes to wallpapers, icons, and everything rest,
> > > makes
> > > sence.
> > > If not for anything else, keping as small as possible.
> > > I realy dont see any reson for this old stuf to not be removed to
> > > kde-look or
> > > somware like that.
> >
> > Hmm, there is the gui for setting notifications. Well, I could see why
> > someone wants some specific sounds for something, so as far as the old
> ones
> > don't duplicate the oxygen ones (eg 4 'ping' sounds is pretty useless)
> imho
> > they can stay. But just keeping em all is imho not really useful without
> > theme selector GUI.
> >
> > --
> >
> > > core oxygen icon designer
>
> Just chek them, we dont have 4 pings we have 10 or so.... we have much
> more
> sounds in the oxygen set we did not upload them couse they were
> duplications
> other versions..

Well, then, I repeat my statement even more strongly... For as far as the
current ones provide sounds very similar to the new Oxygen ones, remove the
old stuff and put the Oxygen ones there. And keep the things which are
original and different enough from Oxygen to be worth keeping. I think if
the Artists are careful and sensitive enough, they can do that themselves.
It seems the community clearly doesn't trust them in this regard, which
leads to discussions about styles, icons etcetera.

Guys, we have trust issues. Isn't that great, almost like we're all married.
And in a sense we are, being stuck with each other and all :D

Now I could suggest to let the artists handle it all, but I think there are
reasons for this distrust on both sides. The artists might want to be a bit
conservative, not doing/asking for/arguing for too controversial things,
blogging more, etc. And the other developers could try to relax a little -
how HORRIBLE is it if you have to install your KDE 1.0 sound theme yourself?

--

> core oxygen icon designer

Love

Jos