KPluginFactory/-Loader as KLibFactory replacement and KDE enhanced QPluginLoader

Matthias Kretz kretz at kde.org
Fri Aug 24 09:19:27 BST 2007

Hi,

Bernhard, probably better known as PutHuhn, has been continuing the work I
started on KPluginFactory the last days. He also added KPluginLoader, which
is a subclass of QPluginLoader and therefore does the Qt library version
check when loading a plugin. In addition KPluginLoader does the same kind of
check for the kdelibs version. That way plugins compiled against a newer
version of Qt or kdelibs will refuse to load.

Most of the work on completing KPluginFactory was to make it compatible enough
to be a drop in replacement for KLibFactory, but I'm confident that it'll
work out quite well with what we got now.

Attached you'll find his patch. I'll comment in a separate mail.

http://Vir.homelinux.org/
Matthias.Kretz at urz.uni-heidelberg.de