C++ Template Question

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Thu Aug 23 00:05:33 BST 2007

On Thursday 23 August 2007 00:24:11 Olivier Goffart wrote:
> Le lundi 20 août 2007, Mosfet a écrit :
> > http://doc.trolltech.com/4.3/qvarlengtharray.html
>
>  int myfunc(int n)
>  {
>      int table[n + 1];  // WRONG

Very much wrong indeed.

> This works fine with GCC (unless you use --pedantic)
> It's a nice gnu extention.
> Does it works with others compiler supported by KDE?

Nope. At least one doesn't like it.

> allow arrays dynamically on the stack if the compiler is GCC, and use
> QVarLengthArray otherwise? Would that be worth?

You would have be be quite careful that *everything* you do is portable on
both sides; I can imagine weird cases like returning pointers to elements or
returning the entire array that might work on the QVarLengthArray and not on
the GCC-istic variable length array.

--
KDE Quality Team  http://www.englishbreakfastnetwork.org/
GPG: FEA2 A3FE    http://people.fruitsalad.org/adridg/