clarification on git, central repositories and commit access lists

Thomas Zander zander at kde.org
Wed Aug 22 09:08:08 BST 2007

On Wednesday 22 August 2007 09:16:58 Oswald Buddenhagen wrote:
> with tools like svnmerge branches are actually quite usable and there
> is relatively little difference to your "idealized git-based workflow".

There are quite a lot of people that disagree ;)

I agree that the feature checklist is similar, but so it is with Windows
and Linux. Yet I still have a strong preference.
Its that the tool is more finished and when you hit corner cases the svn
ones just fall flat on their face.  (Hands up for everyone that tried to
merge a patch from a branch and ended up doing a manual diff/patch).

There really is a difference.
--
Thomas Zander