clarification on git, central repositories and commit access lists

Oswald Buddenhagen ossi at kde.org
Wed Aug 22 08:16:58 BST 2007

On Wed, Aug 22, 2007 at 08:45:16AM +0200, Thomas Zander wrote:
> As an example; in Krita we have this excellent GSoC project for color
> mixing,

> the author programs in trunk and thus commits everything there.

now, that's the fundamental problem. the rest of your argumentation
falls flat with it.
with tools like svnmerge branches are actually quite usable and there is
relatively little difference to your "idealized git-based workflow".

fwiw, svk, git-svn and quilt are all interesting tools for this topic,
but quite frankly, who cares what you use on the client side?