clarification on git, central repositories and commit access lists

Guillaume Laurent glaurent at telegraph-road.org
Mon Aug 20 08:02:45 BST 2007

On Monday 20 August 2007, Adam Treat wrote:
> What if I want to make a commit to kdelibs that will require changes in
> other modules for them to compile.  I will no longer be able to make a
> single atomic commit with changes to multiple submodules, right?

That was one of my main interrogations about the idea of having several
repositories as well. Also, how do you handle backtracking ? Do you have to
maintain a table saying 'version [N1-M1] of kdegraphics need version [N2-M2]
of kdelibs' ? That pretty much defeats the idea of a version control system,
unless I'm missing something.

--
Guillaume.
http://telegraph-road.org