kdefx and Blitz

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Aug 17 16:48:57 BST 2007

Dirk Mueller wrote:
> On Monday, 13. August 2007, Allen Winter wrote:
>> We believe it will be possible to remove the dependency on Blitz
>> in a binary compatible way in future KDE 4.x releases, if necessary.
>
> Hum? its plain impossible to remove blitz in a binary compatible fashion in
> future versions. how do you envision that should happen?

If apps depend on it directly? Yes, but that's a packaging issue. Apps
that *don't* depend on it directly will not have BC breaks if we remove
its use in 4.1.

IOW, KDE 4.1 (or 4.2 or whatever, but hopefully 4.1) will not use blitz
in any way, and you will only need to have it if you have 4.0
applications that link *directly* to it.

--
Matthew
"Still not King." -- Aragorn