kdefx and Blitz

Mosfet daniel.duley at verizon.net
Mon Aug 13 23:08:35 BST 2007

Whew! I apologize for this issue becoming such a long thread ;-) It would of
been easier if it was taken care of earlier and I should of paid more
attention to what was going on with KDE.

On Monday 13 August 2007 4:32:40 pm Allen Winter wrote:
> Daniel,
>
> Ok.
>
> Yes, please start using Blitz or QImage/QPainter instead of kdefx
> whereever possible in kdelibs.

Okay :) Obviously I'll use QImage/QPainter whenever possible. This is most of
the stuff. I just wanted to do things like clean up KIconEffect, etc... and
that will require Blitz.

> We believe it will be possible to remove the dependency on Blitz
> in a binary compatible way in future KDE 4.x releases, if necessary.

I thought it should be >:)

> The goal is to eliminate kdefx entirely.
>
> We're going to need a find_package(Blitz REQUIRED) in
> kdelibs/CMakeLists.txt

This also has the advantage that app developers like KolourPaint don't have to
worry about their app being excluded because of an additional dep that may
not be installed :) I was worried people would start cutting and pasting
because of that and I was hoping to get rid of all that stuff :P