Konqueror internals question (hunting an annoying KDE3 usability glitch)

Hans Meine hans_meine at gmx.net
Mon Aug 13 13:40:29 BST 2007

On Montag 13 August 2007, you wrote:
> > What I did not yet find out is why showPage() leads to a call of
> > setActivePart() (although that does not sound wrong in any way).  Now
> > maybe someone with more knowledge of Konquerors internals could comment
> > on this (and the above)?
>
> Damn, this analysis came in a few days too late ;)

Damn.  What a coincidence.  :-)

> I fixed this bug on Friday with r698562
> Any chance you can update from svn and confirm that the bug is gone?

Hmm.  I manually applied the diff, but it does not seem to fix the problem.
Strange.

AFAICS, you made three changes in r698562:
- stopping the timer, but this code is not reached for new tabs
- changing the if-condition around setLocationBarURL in the "no known
  serviceType, use KonqRun" branch, but this code is not relevant here either
- not calling setActivePart around konq_mainwindow.cc:820, but - I don't like
  to say this - this is not reached either.. ;-/

My analysis from the last mail still holds - the timer still fires and clears
the location bar after slotAddTab() has finished. :-(

--
Ciao, /  /                                                    .o.