Which styles to keep?

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at suse.cz
Mon Aug 13 13:36:44 BST 2007

On Sunday 12 of August 2007, Fredrik Höglund wrote:
> On Saturday 11 August 2007 16:15, Maksim Orlovich wrote:
> > > The old widget styles include:
> > > highcolor
> > > highcontrast
> > > kthemestyle
> > > light
> > > riscos
> > > web
> > >
> > > These appear to be mostly ported by the Qt3 script. If they are to stay
> > > I'll
> > > port by hand but I personally don't think it's worth the effort for
> > > most of
> > > these. They don't hold up compared to modern styles and KThemeStyle at
> > > least
> > > is going to be obsoleted by the svg theme thingy.
> >
> > I think we do need highcontrast for accessibility. Web was never ported
> > into 3.x, but I want to bring it back for 4.1 (should look sweet with
> > AA)... But anyway, if you feel like finishing up the holes in KStyle for
> > me :p ....
>
> I agree. I don't think those widget styles have any users these days,

 I use highcolor/B3 :-/. It may not hold up compared to modern styles in terms
of flashiness, but I consider being easy on the eyes to be an advantage.

> so aside from porting highcontrast, time is probably better spent finishing
> KStyle and working on other areas of KDE.

 How much work is it to port a style?

--
Lubos Lunak
KDE developer
SUSE LINUX, s.r.o.   e-mail: l.lunak at suse.cz , l.lunak at kde.org
Lihovarska 1060/12   tel: +420 284 028 972
190 00 Prague 9      fax: +420 284 028 951
Czech Republic       http//www.suse.cz