KFlowRects proposal (planned for next Monday)

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Aug 6 19:26:20 BST 2007

Thomas Zander wrote:
> On Monday 06 August 2007 18:22:12 Matthew Woehlke wrote:
>> I would like to add
>
> Why ? :)

To get rid of (in some cases, by moving code out) as much of kdefx as
possible?

> I.e who uses this and how much API review has this received?

How much review? Probably not much (unless you know anyone else that's
been paying attention to kdefx?), but this *is* something that already
exists... with four users, as reported by lxr:

http://lxr.kde.org/ident?i=KPixmapSplitter

Also, "review" was one of the things I asked for in this thread, no?

> ps. is the similar to Java/Swing Flowlayout?

I think so, except it is not arranging Objects (the overhead of actually
creating/maintaining Objects for the current use cases looks to me like
it would be painful).

See also http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.kde.devel.general/49927

--
Matthew