KFlowRects proposal (planned for next Monday)

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Aug 6 19:26:13 BST 2007

Richard Dale wrote:
> On Monday 06 August 2007, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
>> I would like to add (next Monday) this class to kdelibs (probably kdeui?
>> where is a good place?). This class takes some information about items
>> and "flows" them in a container. The container is a rectangle, with
>> fixed-size items and fixed spacing between the items. The purpose it to
>> determine the coordinates of the n'th item by "flowing" items in the
>> container with the requested size and spacing.
>> [snip]
>
> From reading the KPixmapSplitter header it doesn't sound like a layouting
> component at all. It sounds as though it takes one big pixmap, and splits it
> up into individual smaller pixmaps to use as icons.

...which it doesn't do at all, which is why IMO the current name really
sucks :-). The above KFlowRects description is what it *actually* does,
the only appreciable change is that instead of setContainerSize it gets
the size from the height/width of a pixmap.

Note: if the class is approved, I'll be sure to write better doc
(including an explanation of the current use) :-).

--
Matthew
"Braaaaaaaaiins!" -- Zombies