kDebug formatting

David Jarvie lists at astrojar.org.uk
Sun Aug 5 20:11:22 BST 2007

Is there an easy way to omit spaces between parameters as output by kDebug?
There are a number of kDebug and kWarning statements where I quote things
like file names, and the quotes really shouldn't include extra spaces inside
them. Another case where spaces are not wanted is when outputting a string
between delimiters. Especially if the string already starts or ends with
spaces, having kDebug add its own inter-parameter spaces is confusing. A
simple example is:

kWarning() << "Error reading file '" << fileName << "'" << endl;

Generally, the I like the new kDebug, since spaces will typically be wanted
between parameters. But there are cases where this is not wanted. qDebug has
an option to suppress spaces between parameters - is there an equivalent for
kDebug? If not, I think there should be.

--
David Jarvie.
KAlarm author and maintainer.