Making kdefx static

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Aug 3 23:59:21 BST 2007

Allen Winter wrote:
> On Friday 03 August 2007 6:39:21 pm Maksim Orlovich wrote:
>> The thing to understand about KImageEffect is that it has a small number
>> of largely used functions, and a large number of barely used ones which
>> don't work too well. IMHO, the former ones should stay --- what's the
>> problem with them? ... And removing them because someone is promising a
>> super-fancy image framework is just silly. The later should probably go,
>> of course.
>
> Yes, by all means keep the good stuff.
> I was under the impression that all of kdefx was "sub-optimal".

Well, one of the "widely used" bits is gradients :-) which I think
should still go unless it is doing something Qt doesn't? I think the
situation hasn't changed much; figure out what is still needed that Qt
doesn't provide and nuke the rest (preferably all of it...).

--
Matthew
"Non sequitor. Your facts are out of order." -- Nomad