kdeinit launching in KApplication

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Fri Aug 3 13:46:30 BST 2007

On 03.08.07 13:36:08, Lubos Lunak wrote:
>  is there any special reason why kdeinit&friends are not automatically
> launched from KApplication ctor like it is in KDE3 (besides this feature
> getting lost while porting to DBUS)? Right now e.g. global shortcuts don't
> work, since they require kded and automatically assume it's always there. Are
> such things now supposed to explicitly launch kdeinit if needed, since
> KApplication is now not mandatory?

They are launched when they are needed I think. A plain basic kapp
doesn't start it, but it seems its started when needed, for example
kdevelop triggers kdeinit and kded start. So I guess this change is
intentional so not to start uneeded services...

Andreas

--
You have the body of a 19 year old.  Please return it before it gets wrinkled.