kdeinit launching in KApplication

Andreas Hartmetz ahartmetz at gmail.com
Fri Aug 3 13:36:50 BST 2007

On Friday 03 August 2007 13:36:08 Lubos Lunak wrote:
>  Hello,
>
>  is there any special reason why kdeinit&friends are not automatically
> launched from KApplication ctor like it is in KDE3 (besides this feature
> getting lost while porting to DBUS)? Right now e.g. global shortcuts don't
> work, since they require kded and automatically assume it's always there.
> Are such things now supposed to explicitly launch kdeinit if needed, since
> KApplication is now not mandatory?

Hmmm... what does work is that kded automatically loads modules as soon as
they are being accessed via DBus. kded itself... IIRC there was some trick to
also have it loaded by DBus (also automatic, at first access). Thiago
explained it on k-c-d (IIRC) but nobody has implemented it for kded,
apparently.

--
- This place reeks of adventure and excitement, Sam!
- I thought it was this tuna fish sandwich I found crawling with life in my