Freedom of services with desktop relevance (was: Re: kdelibs TODO list)

Josef Spillner spillner at kde.org
Fri Aug 3 07:38:12 BST 2007

On Thursday 02 August 2007 18:48:40 jos at mijnkamer.nl wrote:
> And they should start to talk about it. The gnomes are busily
> integrating (or, mostly talking about that) all kinds of online
> services in their apps, and that might not be optional for long.

Well, it isn't just the gnomes, it's also us - no place left to hide! :)
This is part of the reason why we opened the services-devel list, because such
things are a bit difficult to discuss on usual KDE by-package lists. But it
might still be a good idea to contact the FSF folks and ask them about some
philosophy blurb about it, as they're usually good at writing such texts. I'm
going to ping them about it.

Josef