KIO::is_manually_mounted() and device UUIDs

David Faure faure at kde.org
Mon Apr 30 18:13:57 BST 2007

On Monday 30 April 2007, David Faure wrote:
> They need KMountPoint for their icon (mounted != unmounted, but that's KMountPoint::currentMountPoints,
> which gets device names, so no problem there...) and for their url in KDesktopFile::readUrl() (but that
> code looks wrong to me -- all such desktop files that I can see have a MountPoint entry anyway,
> so we could just use that).

Ah! Of course, 10mn after sending the mail, the brain goes "ding!".
Solution: moving the icon-determination code one level up (to KFileItem instead of
now-useless KDEDesktopMimeType) and fixing readUrl() to use the MountPoint= key instead.

So now KMountPoint can move up to kio and do the right thing there using solid.
Phew. Just in time :)