New Krazy check: Forbidden Qt classes

Kevin Ottens ervin at kde.org
Wed Apr 25 08:59:29 BST 2007

Le Mercredi 25 Avril 2007, Allen Winter a écrit :
> On Saturday 14 April 2007 2:06:26 pm you wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > As you have requested: Here an inital list of Qt classes that should be
> > replaced with a KDE class:
> >
> > QMessageBox -> KMessageBox
> > QInputDialog -> KInputDialog
> > QFileDialog -> KFileDialog
> > QProgressDialog -> KProgressDialog
> > QSplashScreen -> KSplashScreen
> > QSystemTrayIcon -> KSystemTrayIcon
> > QColorDialog -> KColorDialog
> > QDialog -> KDialog

Maybe it's a stupid idea, but I wonder if we don't want the similar stuff but
the other way around. For instance, I think we should avoid KAction* in our
public API and use QAction* instead. It's perfectly fine to use KAction in
apps, and internally, but exposing it in public API is a problem to interface
correctly with some Qt code.

IIRC a QUrl instead of KUrl in the public API could make sense, but I don't
remember the exact rationale. I'd let Thiago or Simon comment on this if I'm
not on crack.

> > A possible "Why should I care?" text:
> > Why should I care? In order to have a consistent look and feel of a KDE
> > desktop, some Qt classes should be replaced with their KDE replacement.
> > These classes are not just adding functionalities to the Qt base class
> > and are mostly not even based on the Qt class of the same name.
>
> Implemented.  Will run tonight.

Regards.
Ne font reculer l'ignorance."