building trouble

Anders Lund anders at alweb.dk
Tue Apr 24 08:28:17 BST 2007

hi,

in an attempt to get some work done on kate in this week where i have some
time, i keep running into problems

* strigi has errors: the file strigi/src/streams/pdf/CMakeLists.txt has a
first line that causes a error
* strigi during the cmake phase produces this message:

Warning: QT_QMAKE_EXECUTABLE reported QT_INSTALL_LIBS
as /usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.3.0beta/lib
Warning: /usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.3.0beta/lib does NOT exist, Qt must NOT be
installed correctly.
-- Qt4 was not found. No GUI will be built.

I have qt-copy built, but i didn't install it, i just wanted to use it from
the build directory. Yes, the PATH and LD_LIBARAY_PATH are adjusted.

attempting to build kdelibs produces this:
-- Configuring done
make: *** [cmake_check_build_system] Fejl 255

('Fejl' means 'error'). I thought the unix tradition was to output meaningful
messages rather than meaningless numbers.

I will be back later today or tomorrow, with the hope that someone can advise
me about how to get a working environment. The weather is too good to fight
this sillyness with my limited skills.

--
Anders

www: http://www.alweb.dk