REQUEST: Move pop3, smtp, and ldap kioslaves

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Mon Apr 23 20:37:09 BST 2007

On Monday 23 April 2007 19:37, Tom Albers wrote:
> Op ma 23 apr 2007 16:50 schreef u:
> > On Monday 23 April 2007 13:06, Stephan Kulow wrote:
> > > As long as only PIM apps need them I don't see a reason for not
> > > having them in pimlibs though. The problem: I don't know if there
> > > are other apps using pop and smtp slaves.
> >
> > If only PIM apps need them I would actually put them directly into
> > kdepim. They aren't libs after all. But I think there were
> > applications outside kdepim using them. I don't recall which apps
> > these were, though.
>
> Mailody (playground/pim) already depends on kdepimlibs, I really dont
> like to depend on kdepim for smtp.

FWIW, I've reconsidered and I'm now fine with them staying in
kdebase/runtime.

In the past we wanted to move them to kdepim in order to make it
possible to release newer versions of those kioslaves together with a
separate kdepim release. Since there never was a separate kdepim
release and probably never will be a separate kdepim release I don't
really see an advantage in having the kioslaves in kdepimlibs or
kdepim.

Regards,
Ingo