Another monday and again the Nepomuk-KDE question

Sebastian TrĂ¼g strueg at mandriva.com
Mon Apr 23 17:13:24 BST 2007

Hi guys,

again I am asking if we can merge the Nepomuk-KDE core parts into
kdelibs/kdebase. All krazy issues have been solved and during the merge I
would remove the rcgen run from the build and just add the few basic
generated sources to the svn.

The following moves would be necessary:
* libKNepomuk into the kdelibs (basic Nepomuk communication library)
* libKonto into the kdelibs (ontology wrapper library)
* libKMetaData into the kdelibs (metadata creation and query library for usage
in applications)
* Nepomuk-KDE service registry daemon into kdebase/runtime (central Nepomuk
service hub which will in the future allow the usage of non-KDE services
developed within Nepomuk. This includes stuff like semantic text-analysis and
so on)
* RDFRepository service into kdebase/runtime (a Nepomuk-KDE core-service which
provides the RDF storage for all metadata)
* libSoprano into kdesupport (RDF QT/C++ wrapper library, currently using a
redland backend)

Cheers,
Sebastian