[ThreadWeaver] Several Weaver instances

Mirko Boehm mirko at kde.org
Mon Apr 23 13:41:36 BST 2007

On Thursday 19 April 2007 11:42, you wrote:
> > If multiple jobs are related in a bigger picture, it is advisable to
> > inherit JobCollection (or JobSequence) and put them all in there, then
> > you have a nice unit of execution.
>
> Well, do you think it's preferable to have one collection for each session,
> instead of one seperate weaver queue, and then children collections?
> It doesn't seem so clean to me, as I would have to keep a reference to the
> main collection in each session, and would receive job done events for
> other sessions.
There is no general answer to that. Usually, the queue is not owned by
anything in particular. The jobs are part of a larger operation, and that is
where the reference is usually kept.

But there are different kinds of approaches, you will have to find the best
one by yourself.

--Mirko.
--
KDE e.V.: http://ev.kde.org