qt-copy update? (was Re: Broken KIO connections)

Simon Hausmann hausmann at kde.org
Sat Apr 21 09:09:34 BST 2007

On Thursday 19 April 2007 22:53:23 Thiago Macieira wrote:
> Thiago Macieira wrote:
> >>BTW, qt-copy will be patched with this network fixes?
> >
> >Yes. I'll do that tonight.
>
> Sorry, updating QtNetwork only failed.
>
> I need to update the whole qt-copy for it to work. So, as a workaround,
> until next Monday, I have changed KSocketFactory to use QTcpSocket
> instead of QSslSocket.
>
> This should make KIO work again until we upgrade qt-copy to a whole new
> snapshot.
>
> Note: some applications have started to use QSslSocket already (I'm
> thinking of Mailody). Please just avoid revision 655978.

With this bug present in the 4.3 beta and a lot others what do people think
about upgrading to a current 4.3 snapshot on Monday or Tuesday?

We've spent a good month of bugfixing and regression fixing and I'm confident
in saying that there are definitely less bugs in 4.3 right now than in the
beta :)

On the flip side there have been a few more API changes for classes that are
new in 4.3, including QScript and QSslSocket. I'm not sure off-hand how much
that affects KDE(libs) though.

Any opinions?

Simon