generic mimetypes on windows

Pino Toscano toscano.pino at tiscali.it
Thu Apr 19 23:39:47 BST 2007

Alle 21:24, giovedì 19 aprile 2007, Christian Ehrlicher ha scritto:
> Anyone knows how we can create the 'default' mimetypes like text/plain
> on windows? kde.xml only creates the kde specific ones and I can't find
> a generic.xml somewhere...

I think you misunderstood something about the freedesktop.org MIME system: the
common archive with the most common MIME types (and the main MIME type
utility) is available under the name of shared-mime-info[1]. You need to have
that, since 6 weeks or so (otherwise you would not even start compiling
kdelibs).
You need also to point to the XDG data directory with the mime stuff using the
XDG_DATA_DIRS envvar. On Unix it could be eg:
XDG_DATA_DIRS=$KDEDIR/share:${shared-mime-info-prefix}/share:$XDG_DATA_DIRS
On Windows, try to make sure ${shared-mime-info-prefix}/share is in it.
Then run kbuildsycoca4.

[1] http://freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/shared-mime-info
--
Pino Toscano