Broken KIO connections

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Wed Apr 18 13:09:45 BST 2007

Paulo Moura Guedes said:
> On Tuesday 17 April 2007 18:17, Thiago Macieira wrote:
>> Paulo Moura Guedes wrote:
>> along

>> >You're not the only.
>> >The stange thing is that it doesn't happen everytime for me, it comes
>> > and goes.
>>
>> I think I fixed this yesterday.
>>
>> If you still get similar errors, get me a backtrace from a breakpoint on
>> the qDebug() message.
>
> Now I'm getting 'Could not connect to host', with HTTP.

Put a breakpoint in KIO::TCPSlaveBase::connectToHost right after the call
to KSocketFactory::synchronousConnectToHost. The returned value should be
a valid QTcpSocket, in UnconnectedState. Print its errorString() so that
we know why the connection failed.

Also, make sure that the hostname and port number passed to
synchronousConnectToHost are valid.

[Alternatively, modify KSocketFactory to print a debugging message in case
of failed connections.]

    PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358