A New Krazy Checker for Methods Returning const refs

Thomas Zander zander at kde.org
Mon Apr 16 20:27:50 BST 2007

On Monday 16 April 2007 10:20, Mirko Boehm wrote:
> I oppose this policy. It makes writing classes harder, since we have to
> continuously distinguish between standard library classes and our own.
> And I have a hard time seeing the benefits.

I think the benefit really mirrors the benefit of a garbage collected
language.  Sure, there is overhead, but your apps don't crash nearly as
often and you get to ignore lots of annoying little details.  Which is a
HUGE part of what makes Java (et all) so popular with universities.

So, in the overall scope of things I'd say its very much worth it. By
popular vote ;)
--
Thomas Zander