A New Krazy Checker for #include

Matthias Kretz kretz at kde.org
Sun Apr 8 21:11:36 BST 2007

On Sunday 08 April 2007 19:28, Allen Winter wrote:
> - in installed headers
>   + use #include <foo.h> rather than "foo.h"

Why? If I install foo.h and bar.h into the same dir and foo.h includes bar.h
then foo.h should use "bar.h", no? If I understand correctly if foo.h would
include <bar.h> and there's another bar.h in the include directories
specified in the compiler switches you might end up with foo.h including the
wrong header. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the test should be
the other way around. See attached testcase...

You can fix the testcase by changing the #include <foo.h> to an
#include "foo.h" in inc2/bar.h

http://Vir.homelinux.org/
Matthias.Kretz at urz.uni-heidelberg.de