Add fancy date format option to KLocale

Andreas Hartmetz ahartmetz at gmail.com
Sun Apr 8 15:13:35 BST 2007

On Sunday 08 April 2007 15:44:21 Allen Winter wrote:
> On Sunday 08 April 2007 9:38:52 am David Jarvie wrote:
> > On Sunday 08 April 2007 02:02:24 Andreas Hartmetz wrote:
> > > Hmmm, ColloquialDate or similar might be a better name for FancyDate.
> > > Ignore me on that one if you know better because English is your mother
> > > tongue, or because I don't know enough about the issue [i.e. what one
> > > can infer from the mail thread].
> >
> > Yes, I think ColloquialDate is a better name.
>
> But it sounds so ... formal.
> If i saw a control center or kmail option for "Colloquial Date" I'd
> probably gag :)

Hey, programming is formal. You could call it "Cool date" in the UI and the
enum wouldn't care at all :)
Btw, the "funny" mode of the standard kicker clock is called "colloquial time"
in the German localized version.

> I think Fancy is fine.

Both names are essentially fine.
No use in spending more time on this. There are other bikesheds that need some
paint =)