[RFC] Using KPassivePopup from KSystrayIcon

Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. bss03 at volumehost.net
Fri Apr 6 07:35:00 BST 2007

On Thursday 05 April 2007, Thiago Macieira <thiago at kde.org> wrote
about 'Re: [RFC] Using KPassivePopup from KSystrayIcon':
> Lubos Lunak wrote:
> > Oh please. How exactly are we going to compile KDE on platforms that
> > have so broken C++ implementations that they didn't get even NULL
> > right?
>
> I meant platforms with:
>
> #define NULL ((void*)0)

And that is, a Lubos said, "so broken .. they didn't get even NULL right".

That definition of NULL isn't valid for the current C++ standard.  And will
(assuming Stroustrap is correct about nullptr) be very wrong in C++0x.

> AFAIK, this is valid:
> 	int *p = 0;

Yes.

> but this isn't:
> 	int *p = (void*)0;

Yes; which is one reason your definition of NULL above isn't allowed by the
standard.

--
Boyd Stephen Smith Jr.                     ,= ,-_-. =.
bss03 at volumehost.net                      ((_/)o o(\_))