Does local time zone need a name?

Hans Meine hans_meine at gmx.net
Mon Apr 2 16:50:24 BST 2007

Hi David,

as a user, I think I would like to read

  12:00 local time (MET)

e.g. *both* "local time" and the interpretation in parentheses.

Am Montag, 02. April 2007 17:30:50 schrieb David Jarvie:
> - the case you cite is the other interpretation of "local zone". I want to
> be woken up at a particular time of day in whatever happens to be the
> local zone at the time of the wake-up call.

I think this is a much less important use case, since most of use won't setup
appointments that should change according to current time zone.
(Furthermore, correct support for this situation would require the computer
to be aware of the correct local timezone at all times.)

The most probable use case would be a simple alarm time within KAlarm, which
would best be using local time always anyways.

To make the floating time clear, I could imagine a label like

  12:00 local time (roaming)

or similar.

Ciao, /  /
     /--/