objections to disallowing in-source builds in all KDE modules ?

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Fri Sep 29 23:23:47 BST 2006

On Friday 29 September 2006 18:09, David Faure wrote:

> > I guess the whole repository can't have a general svn:ignore property say
> > for whole /trunk ?
>
> I don't think so. And anyway you would commit all generated files into that
> svn:ignore? I don't see how that helps - still as many commits.
>
> Stephan is right anyway, I forgot 3) : if some people use srcdir==buiddir
> then we get broken commits.

  I'm not really going to lose sleep over it since I now primarily use
srcdir != builddir anyway, but I strongly suggest that if we continue down
this path of relying on it, we include scripts right in the toplevel
directories of the modules and in the tarballs that completely automate this
to a level not even done yet today.  Docs should also be included at those
points.

--
George Staikos
KDE Developer				http://www.kde.org/